The Nordic region is well known for having gender equality as a hallmark of society. In the media sector, however, the male dominance persists in many areas, both in the industry itself and in the output. However, in the Nordic region there are also important examples of structural and individual steps towards gender equality in the media.
Making Change. Nordic Examples of Working Towards Gender Equality in the Media presents a collection of inspiring media practices in the Nordic region and a compilation of comparative data on gender equality in the Nordic media sector (film, journalism, advertising and computer games). Contributing authors are representatives from academia, civil society, activism and industry.
Editors: Maria Edström & Ragnhild Mølster (eds)
Published by Nordicom, Göteborg.
Download the full publication (pdf) (page 1–216)
Download sections of the publication (pdf)
• Contents, preface and introduction (page 1–12)
• Film (page 13–44)
• Journalism (page 45–76)
• Computer games (page 77–96)
• Advertising (page 97–118)
• Initiatives (page 119–154)
• Nordic Gender and Media Forum – the project and seminars/conference (page 156–166)
• Statistics on gender and media (page 167–203)
• Nordic doctoral dissertations on gender and media (page 204–211)
• Rescources (page 212–216)
If you prefer to buy a paper copy of the book read more