IAWRT is a global organization formed by professional women working in electronic and allied media with a mission to strengthen initiatives towards ensuring women’s views and values are integral part of programming and to advance the impact of women in media.
IAWRT organizes conferences, implements projects undertakes activities collaborates with and media organizations. It is in consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC).
IAWRT is managed by international board, which oversees funding initiatives for a number of local chapters and member activities.
- To provide opportunities, share strategies and contribute to the development of women in broadcasting by sharing professional and technical knowledge
- To facilitate unique opportunities to exchange views and share experiences with the world’s media professionals .
- To offer professional skills in training with a focus on gender perspective in programs, development issues and management.
- International and regional conferences, workshops and training for the professional development of members.
- Awards of Excellence honor the creativity of women producers of outstanding radio and TV programs.
- Scholarship Fund to support media studies.
- Support for productions, training and projects for women in developing countries.
- IAWRT Statutes (amended 2015) available here
- IAWRT Guiding documents (approved 2013) available to members here
IAWRT provides a hub of knowledge and professional experiences through:
- Website and social media news, features and comment
- Local and Regional workshops
- Biennial Conferences